Thursday, March 8, 2012

Does anybody hear me?


I stand in the midst of the people,
Lost, trying to find meaning for life,
Indecisive, confused and fickle,
Behind the shadows longing to thrive.

In the midst of so much noise,
Lost in all the confusion,
Longing just to hear that voice,
That draws me away from illusion.














Even though I’m growing weary,
I’ve yet to quite give up,
Cried but no more teary,
Running but without a map.

Someone told me that Jesus cares,
That He came to save me from death,
And that in His word he declares,
His love transcends any form of depth.

So I let out a loud cry,
That all would be still,
As I seek to hear Him say,
I’ll save you from all things cruel.

But the noise keep getting louder,
I’m getting desperate Lord can you hear,
And as I expect the Lord in all His grandeur,
He whispers ‘Child I’m always near’.

He opens my eyes to the reality,
That he’s always been by my side,
And I can now see with all clarity,
That my fears all along made me blind.


No comments:

Post a Comment